Friday 11 March 2016

Random mumblings......

Well its 15 days to go....I've just taken a week off running...not the best time to do it I suppose, but to be honest I have also learnt over the years that when the running stops being good, I need to stop....I suffer from UTIs, a fairly common issue with women and running. Years ago before I knew about these sorts of things, I forced myself to run my first long run (30K) I think it was, but I had been feeling bad for a while, the running had not been enjoyable for a few weeks......I did the run, but I basically stopped after that run....Lesson learnt.  So this time around, I could feel the body was not happy and I took a bit of time off and some antibiotics.

I ran yesterday and today, small runs, I figure I may as well not go wild here, ease into it.  My body was saying NO, my mind was saying GO.....then my mind was saying NO and my body was saying GO...backwards and forwards non stop.....till eventually I screeched, stop stop...just go bales just go, smalls one are the easiest and may be more enjoyable...you have no choice, its nearly the half!!  I do wish I was one of those persons who has this absolute LOVE of running in that, I cant wait to put my shoes on and get out every day....but alas, there is a body/mind fight happening most runs these days. I know for my mind its the way to go, but man my body is VERY VERY resistant to the whole idea...even after all these years. 

My strategy was decided on how to go about getting back into it and I have the next few weeks schedule sorted so I do the best I can on the 26th... 3 smaller ones then the weekly long run which I missed out on last week...I figure my body will be much happier if I ease back into it.  So 2 smaller ones done and I will do one more tomorrow, the mind body angst is not as intense tonight, so here is to hoping the chatter is minimal tomorrow and Sunday.  The runs were ok, not brilliant, but then again not bad either.....
The weather is back to the November/December slush,
so its a bit challenging again in terms of slippery

I do feel like i'm slowing down though.  Just before the states trip and my time over there, I really felt like I was going strong, I felt like I was improving...but well.....I now feel like i'm just going really slowly again (and my watch tells me I am o :).  I am telling myself that I have just finished a course of antibiotics....the science tells that they can affect you, but you know how it is.  You put in the time, you want the results...usually there is a positive improvement...hehe Gees i'm a demanding bat!!!!!!!

But yea, there is a hope that in tomorrows run it will be back to feeling like an olympic athlete and push myself....but I have to be patient I suppose...my body, like my mind does not always do as I want.....

Well besides not feeling like an olympic athlete all is going a lot better here....We have just managed to get an offer on our flat.  Still waiting for the final details, but really hoping all goes well.  I can not describe the relief.....It means we are moving forward.  I have felt like life has been on hold for so long and all the anxiety that goes with it has been tremendous......So one step closer to a new chapter in my life in Finland.  We now need to find somewhere in Helsinki, but there are things coming up for sale continuousl..I wont bore you with the details except that its SOOOOOOOO expensive down there, its terrifying...O MY GOODNESS, the cost of something the same size as ours is almost 3 times as much!! That is a heck of a lot of euros...but well its how it is, others survive, somehow we will too.....PLUS I've had a job offer.....  Its not what i'm trained for, and I have to admit the hours are LONG and the work is HARD...its a daycare teachers job....In Finland i'm not actually suitably qualified for that job, so I didnt think they would even consider me, but this daycare seems to think I have other things to offer them...and to be honest I love little kids, they just terrify the heck out of me...a mass of wild small peeps for 8 hours a day....Will I survive??!!  BUT i'm looking at it like, its a foot in a door, its still working with kids and really that is my passion...I wont have homework to mark, tests to grade etc etc...and hopefully it will open up other doors eventually...but my gawd I will be exhausted after each day ;)  So here is to the next step in my mission to lead a life less conventional I suppose (??!!) ... Ok I lie, I have bugger all choice here, no one else seems interested and well i'm freaking bored not working and I figure it should be good for a giggle.....me wiping the asses of kids other than my own and doing the warthog dance for a room of 4 year olds!!  Watch this spot for details....

Final mumble...Now as I said at the start of this blog there are only 15 days left of this particular mission, and I really want to put the pressure on you to sponsor me.....There are there 3 guys in SA who have just raised a huge amount of money for the foundation in South Africa.  They did this most amazing beach walk, totally jealous of it, in terms of how amazing it was/looked...the coast in SA is stunning and the weather looked just perfect, I once did a walk like this as a school girl, man it was fun........I know this link is a Facebook Page, but I cant find any other page online where you can see details and pictures from it. Open their page and see the pictures of their adventure ....stunning!! These men have done an amazing job of raising a huge amount....So the point of my blurbing this all out is to ask those of you who have no supported me to now sponsor me...COZ...how can three old farts raise more than me??!!  We cant have this, we cant...so click here and donate folks....We got to deal with this problem in less than 15 days...cant let 3 old farts do better than me?!!  YALLA YALLA is all I can say, help me deal with my competetive edge :) Its sitting at R5300 now...BUT I know you all believe in me and this foundation is doing awesome stuff for the next generation....So donate now and do your bit for the good of mankind..and help ease my competitive issues too ;)

Ok manipulation over..Wont you be thrilled when this is over with ;)

Ok wait, one more attempt sponsor me....since I have not stopped running in these awful conditions:



No comments:

Post a Comment