Friday 11 December 2015

A dodgy running week!!

Click Here to Donate - (Pretty please ;)

Well due to a number of factors, this week has not involved much running!  The weather has well and truly sucked, its been an icy slippery mess until today...I got some substitute work and after not being in a classroom for a while, I have been pretty exhausted, bad weather does not help with the desire to get outside.  However no complaints, its been a good week, and I am simply taking it as a rest week.

I've been on track up till now and it looks like the weather is going to get colder....hence the snow will stay on the ground and no ice!  YAY...I can run again, rested legs and all.  So the idea is from tomorrow I get back on track with my training plan.

The snow fell again last night and now its like living in a picture book, magnificent....which beats the black / grey ice of Monday - Thursday.  I have to confess that I could have gotten in a good run tonight, but I decided staying outside with my son to shovel snow and spend a good few hours building a 'lumi linna' (snow castle) was well spent and all that shoveling has to count for some form of exercise??!!

Here are some photos from the 'non-running' week....

An afternoon at the local park, sledging.  Around 3 in the afternoon....

The view as we exited our building this morning...
A GOOD view...WHITE, soft and fluffy!!

The trees turn from leafless ugly grey to stunning white...
like picture book magic.....(not so much the roads)

The garden of our building just before we ruined its tranquility to create our snow castle.

Growing up in this climate does have some advantages...

Kids have to play...even if its in the dark..
its not very late, so we do not let the darkness ruin our fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment