Sunday 6 December 2015

Who I am raising money for....


While perusing through the possible charities of who I could approach to ask about running for, I was impressed by all the educational ones, but when I got to the end of the page, I saw 'The Anna Foundation' ...they still had places left....so I thought well WHAT IS THIS charity????  

Once I opened the page projects page and read about their three R's...Reading, Running and Right-ing, I was sold!! Not only do they support reading, but they believe in the power of movement and activity for kids....I immediately shot off a long winded type of email  to Carolyn at the foundation, pretty much begging to run for them.  Suddenly the race became more than simply me wanting to keep my fitness and good mental state throughout the winter....now I could see a way that I could fulfill some of my own personal dreams of helping kids back home!!!!!!!!!

The Mission of the foundation is:
The mission of the organisation is to assist disadvantaged schools and communities by providing academic, social and environmental support and equipping children with skills for life long learning. We recognise each child as unique and special and aim to support the holistic development of the child.

More on the foundation its values and how it came about can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment